• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JB4x4 crossover bracket?

FrankH

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.jb4x4.com/store/jbrsb.htm

Does anyone have experience using this on a stock XJ dana 30? Does it clear the coil mounts?

I'm looking for a cheaper way to get crossover steering and flatter steering angles than going to WJ knuckles and brakes, and am needing to replace my trackbar and steering linkages pretty soon anyway. I'm planning on running it with ~4" of lift.

The JB4x4 bracket is normally used on leaf sprung YJs, so the only issues I can see would be interference with the coils and spring mounts and swaybar mounts.

Its been touched on a few times before, but I haven't found anything definitive.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=990531&highlight=jb4x4

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1023624&highlight=jb4x4

Thanks

It says its for a YJ. Those are leaf sprung. I can't say for sure,but I bet it has clearance issues in a coil sprung application like ours. I think Bluetorch fab or someone has one similar and say that theirs won't fit an XJ.

If it fits the same way as the Blue Torch Fab bracket than it will not work with out modification...
However it does appear as if the drag link relocation is a little farther away from the bucket than the BTF bracket so there might be hope.
It was also compared to the U-turn bracket which is a stock bolt on, I say give it a go.. Let us know because it seems like a great solution to the TRE roll/deadspot

Last edited:
If it fits the same way as the Blue Torch Fab bracket than it will not work with out modification...
However it does appear as if the drag link relocation is a little farther away from the bucket than the BTF bracket so there might be hope.
It was also compared to the U-turn bracket which is a stock bolt on, I say give it a go.. Let us know because it seems like a great solution to the TRE roll/deadspot

Exactly, it looks like it puts the drag link about where it would be with a WJ knuckle. So I'm wondering why people don't use it?

I haven't been able to find anyone who is running the tie rod over the knuckle when using this bracket yet, however, which could be one reason.

I have been running the bracket since winter fest. it fits perfect no interference with any part of the axle.

The bracket is bolt on, they supply new bolts. two spots it bolts to are were the hub bearing bolts, then you drill and tap three 1/2 inch holes across the knuckle boss. its not to much work. now few thing that have to be changed are, the sway bar axle brackets need to be changed to clear the hi- steering on driver side. also the track bar angle has to be changed to match the new steering angel. I made a new bracket on top of the axle and cut the length on my track bar to fit. now technically you want the same angel and same length track bar as your ti-rod. in my case I got the angle to match but didn't try to keep the same lengths. I don't have any bump steer so the angel was sufficient to maintain steering harmony on my rig.
I am very happy with the unit and It has made my RR steering system work like it should, no play, no tre roll just perfect steering action.
By the way the pic here is on a XJ I got this pic from JB
382376929.jpg

Last edited:
It says its for a YJ. Those are leaf sprung. I can't say for sure,but I bet it has clearance issues in a coil sprung application like ours. I think Bluetorch fab or someone has one similar and say that theirs won't fit an XJ.

Actually it does not say that , it does not say its for a YJ
Quote from their site:
(The JB Raised Steering Bracket is designed to work on the Dana 30 "uni-bearing" style front axle commonly found on the 87-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ )

I have been running the bracket since winter fest. it fits perfect no interference with any part of the axle.

The bracket is bolt on, they supply new bolts. two spots it bolts to are were the hub bearing bolts, then you drill and tap three 1/2 inch holes across the knuckle boss. its not to much work. now few thing that have to be changed are, the sway bar axle brackets need to be changed to clear the hi- steering on driver side. also the track bar angle has to be changed to match the new steering angel. I made a new bracket on top of the axle and cut the length on my track bar to fit. now technically you want the same angel and same length track bar as your ti-rod. in my case I got the angle to match but didn't try to keep the same lengths. I don't have any bump steer so the angel was sufficient to maintain steering harmony on my rig.
I am very happy with the unit and It has made my RR steering system work like it should, no play, no tre roll just perfect steering action.
By the way the pic here is on a XJ I got this pic from JB
382376929.jpg
what did you use for your tie rod/drag link? it that Rugged Ridge? and if so did you have to modify the length of the drag link?

Thanks,

Bill

I'm guessing that no one has successfully run this bracket with the stock draglink or a RHD draglink? Anyone?

On that topic: this is only the pass. side. If you mimicked the inverted y OEM set up, would the lower mounting for the tie rod on the driver's side knuckle than the raised draglink mounting on the pass. side knuckle cause any issues?

Back