• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im stumped! Stupid parking lights.

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
I spent a good while last night trying to see if i had any loose wires that would cause a short and make the parking lights fuse blow. I looked at all the bulbs and all seem to work. What i did discover is for some reason the passenger side parking light and signal light would not work no matter what. i swapped out the bulbs and the worked fine on the driver side. Guess thats the only progress i made was to find out that the passenger side is defective. I don't know if that's what is contributing to my short.

Anyone local care to help me with this? i can drive it to you during the day as i dont wanna risk driving at night. BTW, i suck at electric issues hence why im reaching out to yoos guys.

Thanks!

Julio

I found in the inside rear panel my wifes jeep had a towing plug...I just happen to remove the panel for cleaning after we got it home..It had bad wires on it..
HTH

Driverside, sorry

Yep..All the wires run on that side(driver)..Like i said she had a trailer plug on her..She also had the hitch in back..Only takes a couple of min to pull the panel..Did yours have the hitch in back when you got it?

Yep..All the wires run on that side(driver)..Like i said she had a trailer plug on her..She also had the hitch in back..Only takes a couple of min to pull the panel..Did yours have the hitch in back when you got it?

yeah, the jeep came with it. im gonna pull the panels and see whats up. TEd might be coming to help. i really suck at electrical.

It is easy to fix elec..Just take your time...Do you have a meter? They help out alot when chasing wires..I wish i could help, just to dam far to drive sorry...that an i still havent healed..The wife would kill me..LOL

Good luck

well Julio came by to help me with my integra, while he was here i looked it over.. he has a short somewhere under the dash i think. i unplugged both tail lights from the harness and unplugged the connector that goes to the trailer wires, and it still pops a fuse the second you pull the headlight switch. all the wires looked to be in good shape in the back and nothing was loose. His turn signal switch is also bad inside the column, but i dont know if that would cause the short or not. his hazards blink but the the turn signals stay on solid, and the right one wont light up unless you push hard on the signal lever.

a big section of the main harness under the dash has the loom removed, and one of the wires has a nick in it deep enough to see the core. if there is that one maybe there is another somewhere in that section :dunno: with daylight leaving and not knowing for sure that i could have his lights working he had to leave before it got dark. I'm stumped

There was a poorly installed aftermarket alarm in that Jeep in the past, that and a custom stereo is where his issues lie I'm sure.

I'm afraid my tomorrow went and got complicated. We can meet up one day after work or next weekend if you'd like though. I'm also pretty sure the issue is under the dash and we'll be pulling the instrument panel and your stereo out for wire inspection...

hey man i know its a few days away but im off Wednesday and am more than willing to help find your problem (im a mechanic) or you can bring it over sunday (tomorow) i get off T 4PM but youll be required to stay for my birthday dinner (wifes making sopes)

chad
626 5treesixnine8four1

Grimm, did you unlpug the front harness too? There is a plug under the airbox (or near it) you could unplug to verify the front isn't the problem either. Tony had this problem and it was up front there.

Julio, feel free to swing by and we can look it over too.

hey man i know its a few days away but im off Wednesday and am more than willing to help find your problem (im a mechanic) or you can bring it over sunday (tomorow) i get off T 4PM but youll be required to stay for my birthday dinner (wifes making sopes)

chad
626 5treesixnine8four1

ummmm sopes!

Back