• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hobart 135 Stolen

ocean_jet

NAXJA Forum User
I am such a dumbassss and left my garage door open over night.

My Hobart Handler 135 with tank/cart/mask etc. was stolen.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone sees a craigslist or ebay ad for one, please PM me and let know.

I guess I am lucky... that seems to be all they took. All my other tools seem to be there.

Last edited:
damn Mike sorry to hear.

I do have homeowners insurance.

Guess I'll call... don't even know what my deductible is.

Wasn't going to file a police report... maybe I should?

Yes sir, i would ...So you had the tank and all taken, right? It was full to i bet..So this model you had, was it a 230V set-up?. Did you have the clear to dark hood, you know the new type? Hope you get all your stuff back...
Good luck

Yes sir, i would ...So you had the tank and all taken, right? It was full to i bet..So this model you had, was it a 230V set-up?. Did you have the clear to dark hood, you know the new type? Hope you get all your stuff back...
Good luck

What was taken:
Welder unit, 115 V. Tank... probably 75% full... mask (not autodarkening), gloves, extra tips, nearly full sppol of wire, set of welding magnets, cart, and some scrap metal.

They left the autodarkening mask which was sitting on a shelf right above the welder?

Looks like they didn't get anything esle. A router sitting on my workbench right next to the welder was still there. Cordless drill too. Bunch of hand tools on my bench were untouched. Hell... my jeep had the keys laying in the front seat... they easily could have driven that away. Air compressor on wheels, and wood chipper on wheels also could have been easily rolled away, but they weren't touched. Bunch of Jeep parts laying around seem to be untouched too.

So, it could have been way worse...

But, I am still pissed!!

Calling PD right now.

I do have homeowners insurance.

Guess I'll call... don't even know what my deductible is.

Wasn't going to file a police report... maybe I should?
You need to file a report. There is a stolen property system where the info on your stolen property goes out to all the pawn shops and if they get it in, they call the police.

wow man im sorry to hear about that! hope someone (one of us) or the cops gets the S.O.B.!!!

That's ass, Mike. Truly sucks.

I'm glad you didn't lose more stuff, at least!

Thanks. That looks just like mine, but that ad was posted on the 13th. Mine got swiped on the 15th.

Thanks very much for posting that!

Back