• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY drip pans

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
looking for some quick input. i picked up some hood vents for free. though they dont have a drip pan and im not interested in buying any. my jeep doesnt have heating issues, though i do like the look of vents. does anyone have any bright ideas to fab up some functional drip pans or should i just trash these?

mend a stop sign maybe? :dunno: haha.

find a glazer or glass shop in youre area and ask them to go thru their aluminum scrap pile, i have some brake metal pans that would work excellant for this with minor alteration!

hit the Dollar Store and pick up a couple cheap cookie trays-- already formed edges and easy to modify. If you booger they up, you're only out a couple of double cheeseburgers.

cookie trays sound easy enough. id probably hit them with some etch primer and a rattle can to keep them from rusting and get rid of the shinny finish.

now... how does one go about making the pans get rid of the water where you want it to go?

Back