• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

azuza canyon?

RS Speed

NAXJA Forum User
Is that place still open? Any of you SoCal guys get out there once in a while, I've never been and I've heard about it a million times. Also heard about the cops being jerks and giving out citations for mudflaps lol how bad is it?

the cops go after the barely street legal guys on backhalfed pickups on 44"+ boggers. I've never had a problem up there. It's nothing compared to what it used to be though, the heavy storms we've had the last couple of years have really ruined the place, a lot of sand has been washed down out of the mountains.

Fun for a day trip though... and fun for a day or two later as you spend the entire time trying to get the mud out of everything in the engine bay and from underneath. make sure you clean it well, that mud has natural salts in it from the mountains and will rust the hell out of everything if you dont get it all off.

ive had lots of fun there ... when i first bought my xj i was there every sunday .. watchin people get stuck its funny .. i believe its close right now ..

im down for a day trip i need to test the 4x4 on the new jeep anyways! keep me posted!

speaking of azusa who took video of the last trip (nissan pickup?) ide love to see that video!

The club that maintains the ohv area has a forum, the azusa canyon off roaders association. They are pretty good about posting up the current conditions and whether its open.

Www.acorausa.com

It's fun as hell to watch everyone get unreasonably stuck in the mud, because the extractions are even less well thought out sometimes. :D

haha i saw some guy in a f250 try and pull an fj out once by his aftermarket bumper, tugged a little too hard too fast and the front bumper from m the fj shot up and went flying through the air, i dont think ive seen anyone so pissed off....:roflmao:

best one i saw was a brand new bright yellow f350 with paper plates buried up to the windows, rigs were tugging on it for over an hour and nobody could get it to budge. finally they daisy chained 5 or so rigs together and went for a team pull - and broke a 3" thick nylon rope which slung back and destroyed not only the tailgate, but left a nice fat line down the drivers side of the f350 :D

also saw a newer yukon XL with paper plates on it still on its roof, and a teenager freaking out cause he took moms truck for the day and decided donuts in the mud was a good idea :roflmao:

It's fun as hell to watch everyone get unreasonably stuck in the mud, because the extractions are even less well thought out sometimes. :D

I remember when you and I were there, watching the big pit for about 3 hours and all the carnage from that stuck 350... then we figured we had the line down, and drove through it like it was nothing.

hungry valley is fun, you can get in off smoky bear road. turn left and the entrance is right there. if you go check out the 4x4 trials area. I was just there couple weeks ago. fun times. stay out of the mud if there is any, its nasty. made me over heat on the way home clogged my radiator. easy fun trails there.

peace
ted

Back