• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHat trail levels do you want to run???

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
The trail levels we typically have are Green, Blue, Black, and a Red group, otherwaise referred to as the "Stupids" group.

This is the minimum requirement for the trail levels:
Greens:
stock Jeep

Blues:
3" and 31" tires, one locker recommended

Blacks:
4" and 33" tires, two lockers/gears recommended, possible damage to Jeep(dents, broken parts), winch recommended

Reds:
6" and 35" tires, two lockers/gears/spares, possible damage to Jeep (dents, broken parts), winch highly recommended

There are exceptions to these guidelines, but this is a good place to start.

So post up what level you would like to run...

A.

I'm probably going to plan on Blacks and *maybe* some "lower level" Reds if that's a valid term... I refuse to let my new Jeep end up like my old Jeep. It needs a good cage before a good thrashing. Plus, I need to drive it 400 miles home :laugh3:

I'm probably going to plan on Blacks and *maybe* some "lower level" Reds if that's a valid term... I refuse to let my new Jeep end up like my old Jeep. It needs a good cage before a good thrashing. Plus, I need to drive it 400 miles home :laugh3:

I would suggest waiting to see how many people we have for each, and perhaps set up a blue/black group and a black/red group if needed, because there are always us inbetweenie peoples.

edit: Ill wanna run blue/black

Last edited:
I would suggest waiting to see how many people we have for each, and perhaps set up a blue/black group and a black/red group if needed, because there are always us inbetweenie peoples.

edit: Ill wanna run blue/black

Yep... like I said, these are guidelines... As you know, quite often we have Blue/Black groups and Black/Red groups...

A.

You forgot a group, Andy.

Greens
Blues
Blacks
Reds
Sit in the parking lot for three days and ride a flatbed home.

Sign me up for the last group!

If I'm not needed to lead a greenie group, I'd like to hit some blues and maybe flirt with a black or two (you know how I tend to roll).

should we make a master list?

I'm good with blue or green/blue. I'm running open diffs.

Back