• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Pinion seal swap

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone done it? Just wondering if theres any tricks to it? Do you need to worry about crush sleeves and gear settings? Or is it just a case of pull the shaft, the big nut, yoke, and pry out the seal??

Thanks

i beleive he left out remove tires remove brakes remove dif cover remove c-clips remove shafts remove carier caps remove carier. set preload check lash/pattern re-install everything double check pattern for good measure.

ponyracer1 said:
Wow thats alot of removing!! Ya thanks for the tip on the inch pound torque wrench. I use that all the time to change my muffler bearings.....
:doh:

haven't posted for a while but this caught my attention
install a cruch sleeve eliminator kit to avoid this problem in the future

ponyracer1 said:
Wow thats alot of removing!! Ya thanks for the tip on the inch pound torque wrench. I use that all the time to change my muffler bearings.....

i don't know if your joking or not but and inch pound torque wrench (non-clicker type) is required as well as complete teardown to get torque values for just pinion alone.

Back