• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator wire hook up 93XJ

Turtle

NAXJA Forum User
Purchased a 1993 XJ in a basket with a bad transfer case. Almost ready to fire but on the wire harness to the alternator there is the little black box that connects via two small studs, and then there are the two outside studs that I have some loose wires for and do not know where they go.

I will be able to post a picture tonight or tomorrow.

Any ideas? Anyone else have a picture of a similar model year of the alternator wiring?

Thanks

The wires circled in red are obviously for the alternator. The main wire to the alternator appears to be the one circled in blue, is this correct?

And what about the other wires circled in black, the two square terminals and the other round one?

P1000408a-1.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give.

Did some probing with my DMM and is appears the blue circles one is ground and the two square terminals are coil and the other black circled connector is battery positive.

Back