• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a good, cheap paint shop (OC area)

good and cheap don't go together, especially when it comes to paint. add another hurdle of matching an oem color. paint matching won't be cheap, you definitely get what you pay for on paint.

I know of a cheap painter in compton, but if you want a good match job its going to cost you.

I know of a cheap painter in compton...

Out of curiosity how cheap and how bad are the paint jobs if the owner did the majority of the prep work?

I'd like to get the '96 re-sprayed black one day (OEM color there, no matching / door jams / whatever necessary. I'd likely take off all the trim, removable windows, etc, and either drive it or AAA it over.).

i have 2 guys Geoff, i'll pm you about it later when im out of school and not posting from my phone.

good and cheap don't go together, especially when it comes to paint. add another hurdle of matching an oem color. paint matching won't be cheap, you definitely get what you pay for on paint.

I know of a cheap painter in compton, but if you want a good match job its going to cost you.

i dont think i said cheap in the first place

Look at your thread title...

tumblr_kzsgymf0RB1qa0uujo1_400.jpg

:D

The only reason I mentioned cheap is because your title stated it.

I can send you over to talk to Jeff Mohrfeld at Foreign Auto Body if you want, they are right around the corner from my shop. Ever look deep into the paint on a black mercedes paint job and it seems like you can see just as far in the refection as you can if you turn around and look behind you? Every car they paint looks like that. If you want to talk about value thats about the best paint job you can get for your money. They painted "Buck"s truck for Kill Bill and paint about 3 magazine cars / trucks a month over there. I like running their orders over just to drool over what's in the shop :D they have a frame off restoration on a 66 chevelle going on right now that is absolutely beautiful. All z06 vette suspension and drivetrain, everything is smoothed and powdercoated underneath... I can't wait to see it when its done.

Like i said in my other post though, you get what you pay for. If you are just asking for someone that won't rip you off, thats a different story.

Look at your thread title...

wow im a genius. im liking that flowchart :doh:

as far as your buddy Jeff Mohrfeld, i suppose there is no harm in at least getting a quote from him. im trying to get it done for like... under 400$ if at all possible, i want it to look really nice and it would be painted obviously with the fenders off the truck so i would assume that is a reasonable price.

if you have his number that would be cool, if not i will just go ahead and google them

Jeff won't paint a quarter for 400$.

I have a guy, he does as good or as cheap as you want. I don't know of anywhere to get a decent 2 stage paint job (color coat and clear coat) for that cheap, materlials alone would be close to that. Single stage paint, maybe.

Ever thought of painting it yourself? Spray cans can do a hell of a job if you take your time and sand between coats to get rid of the striping, then finish with a few coats of clear and wetsanding.

Back