• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 33's fit?

I'm at 3.5" on 33s with stock arms... had to trim an inch or two off the fender edges and I really should probably bumpstop it properly.

I have a 98 xj sport with a 3.5" Skyjacker lift kit. Right now I have 31 x 10.5's on it. Will I be able to clear 33 x 12.5's?
i was at a even 3" with 33's on my last ring, i cut a bit and bumpstopped 2" and it was perfect

209.JPG

then dont deal with it, cut whats rubbing

backspace accordingly and pay attention to the inner fenders. this is where most of the rubbing occurs when the swaybar is connected. it can be done fairly easy. if its a DD more than a trail beater/low COG build though, youll want proper gearing for those 33s.

How about for a Daily Driver? I don't mind to trim a little, I work for a fabrication shop, just don't want to deal with a lot of tire rub.
that was my DD for over a year, just cut what hits

i have a 2 inch lift on a 88 xj, with 33x12.50's procomp MT. I have a little rubbing on the inside of the rear, and at full lock on the sway, front control arm. nothing to major, and havent broken anything. But i cut the ell out of the front and rear. Next set of tires i think i might be going to a 10.50, and go with either spacers or new rims. but dont really want to lose the footprint.

I run 285/75/16 (33x12.50x16) on my DD with a 3" lift, no sway bars and I just trimmed the front fenders following the old flare outlines and did a cut and fold on the rear fenders. The only rub I have is at full flex on the front and even that is no big deal. I also run stock bumpstops. I love the look and how stable it is crawling the steep stuff.

Thanks for all the help guys, unfortunately the tires and rims I was looking to buy fell through. They guy told me they were on a jeep wrangler, when I got there, they were on an 85 Renegade. As you may know, they had 5.5" lug spacing, not the 4.5" that I needed. I may go with a 32 x 11.5 just to make sure I have the clearance. I really appreciate all the help.

Back