• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

Mudshack

NAXJA Forum User
What franchise store did you get your new tires from and what did you get?

I am thinking 30x9.5x15 BFG AT's with my modest 2" of lift. But want to try and find a good deal on any AT tire. I am very cash poor, but the wife's ride needs new shoes. Know of any deals?

Dang. Those AT's look good. How are they to keep balanced? Who do you take them to to get mounted and balanced. My local Firestone/NTB wont work on anything unless you buy from them.

thats dumb for them. they are missing out on profits. though most places charge a retarded amount for mount/balance. me personally, ive got buddies at a repair shop. i give them $10 for materials or bring in $20 worth of pizza for the crew and they let me do my own work. its not hard at all if you can get someone to spend 5 minutes and show you.

but i think the BFGs arent the way to go if its your ladies daily driver, and you want to stay that small. you can find something just as capable for less. look at both 30x9.50s and 235/75s. both will be very close in size. i know mastercraft tires are pretty cheap in my area. and i LOVE their M/T.

could always keep an eye on craigs list if price is important.

Yeh. I know they have missed out on a ton of my money. They refused to turn rotors for me. Turns out, O'Reilly's does it for $8 (ended up being free). Asked them to install some rear shocks when I saw that my upper bolts were snapping....they refused unless I bought their shocks. I bought a air hammer and fixed everything myself. Lawyers have just got them turning away business.

I usually get my BFG's from Costco. Great prices, no shipping charges, and their install/extended warranty service is very reasonably priced. Only downside is you have to be a Costco member...

X2 - Costco or Sam's Club

Lawyers have just got them turning away business.

doesnt sound like lawyers, ask anyone who's ran a shop what standard markup is on parts. thats their profit. they have a right to defend it. $25 for 20 minutes of a guy's time, sounds perfectly reasonable to me, but thats not MY shop, and if they choose not to do work like that, so be it! let them run their own shop.

here in LA, mexican tire shops are more than happy to mount any tire you want, mounted on any wheel that'll fit. cheaply. if it's true what you're saying, they dont deserve your buisness, go somewhere else!

if you want tires that are exactly like the BFG AT's then go with some General Grabber AT2's. When I bought mine, the shop showed them next to eachother to show how identical they really are. They are cheaper as well.

I have bought 4 sets of tires from Discount Tire. They are the best at this business. They will price match ANYTHING, and you get free rotation for the life of the tires. Problems is....I moved last fall to the midwest, and they don't have Discount Tires around the KC area. :(

Treadwright.com Got the 30/9.50 AT tread. Runing them on stock wheels. Balanced good with very little weight. 3000 miles on them now and got no complaints.

I get my tires at tire warehouse http://www.tirewarehouse.net/ they have lots of locations and will match any price online (including shipping) just bring a printout.

I have the General Grabber AT2's, they're not bad but I've had lots of problems balancing them and they are not lasting as long as my BFGs.

I've really been liking the Geolander A/T II good compromise for mostly on road but decent off road. And they seem to last for a lot of miles.

if u can find them in your area i would recomend the sportking at, cheaper than the bfgs and the grabbers ride good and last i believe they are a cavalier brand

Back