• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny cooler

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
i recently installed a larger traany cooler on my 94 country 4.0.it had a oem external cooler already i just wanted a larger one.my question is i just cut the old lines and hooked up to the new lines on the larger cooler does it matter what side the cooler lines run to ?

Nope, but depending on how the cooler is positioned it's easier for the fluid to run top to bottom. If you have it mounted like mine though, it's left to right and makes no difference whatsoever.

It does matter,so does the position of the cooler(and the type),otherwise you can trap air in the cooler.

It does matter,so does the position of the cooler(and the type),otherwise you can trap air in the cooler.

I don't think so. The air gets purged in the slushbox and out the tranny vent. Although it does make sense that it'd flow better top to bottom, but I don't think the direction matters at all. The instructions on the Hayden HD cooler says: locate a convenient mounting point that allows sufficient air flow.

Nothing about direction of flow or vertical/horizontal. There is enough residual pressure to push the fluid along.

both the inlet and outlet are on the same side, and it is installed horizontal....

What's he's saying is that top to bottom makes a difference...one goes to the top, the other comes out the bottom even if the outlet is on the same side

Back