• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boom/Earthquake Last Night - West LA

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Am I going freakin' crazy or were there two sonic boom-ish booms last night with about 1 second of house rattling?????

A few people at work said they heard it, but there's nothing on the news or anything. Am I weird?

About 2am and the last one was around 4am this morning.

i was playing battlefield: bad company2 with the speakers on real, real loud, maybe?

i didnt feel ****, but i live right near LAX and dont consciously hear or feel airplanes.....

Last edited by a moderator:
West LA you say...

Bazooka.jpg

;)

totally kidding:rof:

More then likely some military test if it was a sonic boom.

Does Edwards still operate? Really not to far at all from West LA

Yes. Edwards is still operational.

Most likely candidate. I remember seeing missle test from Edwards about 10? or so years ago. It was an ICBM missle intercept program being tested over the ocean.

Anyone remember that?

There were two meteorites that were much larger than NASA has ever seen that landed in the ocean about 20 miles off shore. When they found them there were little green men and women dancing around them on a space raft! :D

There were two meteorites that were much larger than NASA has ever seen that landed in the ocean about 20 miles off shore. When they found them there were little green men and women dancing around them on a space raft! :D
Dang, if you had said RED I would have thought it was my buddies. FUDGESICLES (for the family)!!!!!!!!!! It must have been a dream, but why did others hear it?

I deduced that aliens abducted me TWICE last night and each BOOM was when I was dropped back in my bed. :skull2:

The Jeep Gods were mad I didn't make SoCalFest...

seriously though, if anyone knows or heard it, verify the my coworkers and I are not crazy!

Most likely candidate. I remember seeing missle test from Edwards about 10? or so years ago. It was an ICBM missle intercept program being tested over the ocean.

Anyone remember that?

I remember that. I think. I was at Johnson valley but what was more notable about that night was the girl that drank her beer without using her hands.

i was out like a light and didnt hear or feel ****. IM going with you either had too much to drink or the Crack. Put the pipe down son!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back