• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor & transmission mount fasteners (Brown Dog)

n1ywb

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my Brown Dog motor mounts (stock brackets) and I'm going to replace the tranny mount while I'm at it.

I'm a bit confused about the fasteners. The Brown Dog instruction seem contradictory.

First it says to re-use the original mounting bolt from the side of the bracket. But I got a baggie with two bolts and washers in it. What are those for? I'm assuming I'm supposed to actually use the new bolts and washers on that. Should I use lock nuts on those bolts?

For the thru bolts, the instructions first say that the nut is 1/2" fine thread grade 8 all steel lock nut. The instructions then say the bolt is an M12-1.75. That nut doesn't fit on that bolt AFAIK. So which is it? And where can I get that all steel lock nut? Or should I replace the nut and bolt together?

What about the tranny mount, does it or should it use those crazy all steel lock nuts?

Thanks

Give their tech support a call in the morning if they haven't replied to you here before then.

The nut on the cross bolt is a "pinch nut" or Stover, Unitorque, Crownlock and Autolock are other names. It is "deformed" to provide the locking feature.

Glad he called. We starting including bolts and washers for installing the mounts, but didn't take 'reuse' out of the instructions. We've also clarified the thru-bolt instructions. OE uses M12-1.75; Brown Dog engine brackets use 1/2"-20pitch. Seriously thankful for the feedback. We're always looking to improve!

Glad he called. We starting including bolts and washers for installing the mounts, but didn't take 'reuse' out of the instructions. We've also clarified the thru-bolt instructions. OE uses M12-1.75; Brown Dog engine brackets use 1/2"-20pitch. Seriously thankful for the feedback. We're always looking to improve!

:yelclap:

i know where im going to get my next set of motor/trans mount from.

it seems like im always seeing brown dog fixing ANY problem they have with their products (very few from what i hear). if cash allows i will have some for the stroker

Back