• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

63" Chevy rears on MJ?

IdahoEagle

NAXJA Forum User
Just as the title reads... Has anyone on here done this swap? If so, I'd like to see pictures of what you did... I'm getting ready to do this and I'd like to see your ideas. I currently have 85 1/2 ton Suburban rears on my truck with 1" lift shackles and it boils down to about 4" of lift. I'm looking for just slightly more lift while doing a spring over. The 63" springs are flatter than what I have now, so I think it will equal out to around 2-3" of lift more than what I have...

I put 1/2 ton Chevy leaves on the rear of my XJ, but I used an MJ main leaf instead of the longer Chevy main leaf. Won't help you with what you're doing.

The rears on my MJ now are 56" Chevys. They were a bolt on and only 1" shorter on the shackle end. There was no wheelbase change but cargo capacity was seriously improved over stock.

Last edited:
Yup, that's what you want, a shorter spring with a worse shackle angle. :rolleyes:

Using the slightly longer MJ main leaf would have been better, same spring rate and better shackle angle. If you want the 63" long springs, then just make a new front spring hanger.......it's not rocket science.

Who..? Me? Because they are noticeably longer, still can carry the weight that I need to on a pretty regular basis (substantially more than the stock MJs), yet would improve flexibility over what I'm currently running (which is not much less flex than what I had with the MJ rears...

just wondering. i have been more the happy with the performance of my stock leafs but i have no room in the bed for much of anything. most "work" it sees is pulling my ATV on a utility trailer.

Back