• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

superior 4340 axle shafts for the crysler 8.25 29 spl

seabass1858

NAXJA Forum User
Would the superior 4340 axle shafts for crysler 8.25 rear be marginally stronger than a stock d44. I ask this because i have a crysler 8.25 out of a 2001 cherokee that was totaled at 44k in the front and the rear is in excelent condition however I also got a d44 out of an 88 cherokee a realize that it needs everything but the housing itself. should i rebuild the d44 or put superior axlers in 8.25 ?

95xj, sport
d30hp 4340, aussie d35 limited slip (still works)
4.0l, aw4, np242 tara 4:1

What tires are you running? You can get away with stock shafts in the rear up to 35's with slight throttle control. I ran 35's on stock 8.25 shafts for a few months, probably 5-6 runs getting throttle happy and never had a problem.

But the better question is, why isn't this in mod tech? Also why are you posting in NWC if you should be in the NAC?

-Alex

What tires are you running? You can get away with stock shafts in the rear up to 35's with slight throttle control. I ran 35's on stock 8.25 shafts for a few months, probably 5-6 runs getting throttle happy and never had a problem.

But the better question is, why isn't this in mod tech? Also why are you posting in NWC if you should be in the NAC?

-Alex

shhh were popular. dont hate... lol

Back