• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop Stuff made from Jeep parts

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
havent seen a thread like this so im starting one

did these tonite nothin crazy but will make life a lil easier

first, paper towel holder from broken 30 shaft
tools_001.JPG

2nd
wire reel from a wheel i destroyed wheelin last year
tools_002.JPG

KTMracer had a awsome idea of using a D30 hub so it free spins, ill do that soon

also just had the idea of takin a stock xj coil and cutting it down for a bottle/can holder, anyone else got nifty ideas?

this started a whole new section in my brain going. uh-oh. Thinking "winch on the ceiling as a hoist"
I have used an old oil pan as a parts washing bin but no longer have it so no pics. Was going to build a table with the proper hole in it to recess the pan.

Creative stuff. Really liking the grill and lights setup.

I did the same thing with a YJ grill I had laying around. I will try and get some pics posted up soon.

here is a crappy cell phone pic. I used some plexi glass behind the headlight openings and scuffed them w/ a 3M pad to "haze" them. I inserted a single bulb behind each headlight opening and a single bulb behind each turn signal. I used C9 bulbs like what are used in outdoor Christmas lights. It it a conversation piece..but I usually get heckled for it being from a YJ :D

YJgrill.jpg

I like the Grill lights.. I've got a handful of grills I've been thinking of doing this too..

Here's something me and a buddy made about 8 years ago..

freebee.jpg

I like the Grill lights.. I've got a handful of grills I've been thinking of doing this too..

Here's something me and a buddy made about 8 years ago..

freebee.jpg
mallcrawlin' in style!

freerider15, you're making me think... I have 3 30/35 R&P sets sitting on my coffee table at my apartment. I need a clock. Hmmmmmmmm

Also I'm almost certain that I'll be building some fun stuff next week since (hopefully) me and another NAC guy are picking up an XJ to part out.

here is a crappy cell phone pic. I used some plexi glass behind the headlight openings and scuffed them w/ a 3M pad to "haze" them. I inserted a single bulb behind each headlight opening and a single bulb behind each turn signal. I used C9 bulbs like what are used in outdoor Christmas lights. It it a conversation piece..but I usually get heckled for it being from a YJ :D

YJgrill.jpg

Sweet. I was thinking of doing this is the kids room.

I had originally made it to hang above my sons bed, but the weight of it was too much that I feared it would possibly come down and bust him in the noggin. Now it is in the shop :D

you all have way to much time on your hands... but i likes!!!

took me all of 10 minutes. its powered by a battery charger.

i can flip it to run on 6 volt and it makes a pretty romantic setting.

Back