• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fault Codes P1108 and P1109

DM_MKV

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am new here and just recently purchased a 1996 xj, after selling my 99 a few years back.

I have not been around a 4.0l in a few years and am sorta stumped on this one and trying to figure out what the cause of these codes are.

P1108 BARO to MAP Sensor Comparison Too High
P1109 Secondary Port Throttle System

I am taking a guess after searching around that it is some sort or sensor. Does any one have a direction 0on where to go with this or what causes these codes.

Engine wise there are no modification. I do have a RE 5.5 lift.. Don't think that matters just add it anyways.

Thanks

Derek

Are there any symptoms that go along with these codes?

I can't find hardly anything on the P1109, but as the P1108 is MAP sensor related, I would start by verifying that vacuum is good to that sensor as lowicz mentions and if it is, the MAP sensor can be tested with a meter and a manual.

Are there any symptoms that go along with these codes?

I can't find hardly anything on the P1109, but as the P1108 is MAP sensor related, I would start by verifying that vacuum is good to that sensor as lowicz mentions and if it is, the MAP sensor can be tested with a meter and a manual.

No symptoms. Runs fine Idle is good. Just trying to pass emissions to get it registered. I will run through the vacuum lines tonight and make sure all is well if not maybe time for a new MAP.

Thanks

That's an odd pair of codes. Did you pull them with an OBD-II scanner?

You could try resetting the codes and see what returns. If you do, you'll need to drive it around a bit to reset the readiness monitors. That could take a few days depending on your driving. You'll need to wait until they say "Ready" before you retest.

That's an odd pair of codes. Did you pull them with an OBD-II scanner?

You could try resetting the codes and see what returns. If you do, you'll need to drive it around a bit to reset the readiness monitors. That could take a few days depending on your driving. You'll need to wait until they say "Ready" before you retest.

I found a temp sensor that was unplugged and plugged back in and light went away just driving it around to clear the memory and will try to pass emissions after it has reset. Thanks for all the response and tips. I will update if this was the root issue.

Derek

Back