• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

conversion question

Judging from this post...
hey my jeeps up there. it did pretty good for 2wd. only got it stuck a few times. now i hope to convert it soon.
I'm guessing your asking if you can put a transfer case on a 2wd manual tranny?

In order to bolt a transfer case to your tranny you would need to change out the tail housing. It could be done, but finding a 4wd tranny/transfer case would be a lot cheaper an easier in my opinion.

If your looking for info on a four wheel drive conversion search the tech forums for "4x4 conversion." There's a lot of good info on doing the swap. Here's a result I pulled up that relates to your question.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1014935&highlight=4wd+conversion

Judging from this post...

In order to bolt a transfer case to your tranny you would need to change out the tail housing. It could be done, but finding a 4wd tranny/transfer case would be a lot cheaper an easier in my opinion.

ok thanks. i now have all the info on the things i need to do the conversion. ow time to starts looking for them

Back