• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaking of daily drivers...

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Well my new toy has kept me away from Jeeps for awhile. I picked up a '91 Suzuki GS500e a few weeks ago, and have been driving it everyday since. I drive the Jeep probably once a week now. The Zuk is a nice upgrade from the Baja 150cc scooter I was commuting to school on for awhile. That is, having a little extra power to escape situations is nice. The really nice part is spending $10 on gas, and having it last a week of commuting and still have enough to have fun(used to spend AT LEAST $40 in gas to commute on the Jeep).

Having another toy to take out when its sunny and rail the corners is fun too. :laugh:

Anyhow, here's some pics.

4594606474_7900236c6d.jpg

4593991109_6d74c16344.jpg

4593990427_1f672156f2_o.jpg

I bought it off a college student in Seattle for $600. So far I've put $100 into it (front fender, new battery, front sprocket, etc.) and when I'm done with getting it how I want, I shouldn't have more than $1000 into the bike total. My best guess is this thing used to be raced, as many things on the bike have been changed to suite a racer better, including safety wiring nuts/bolts that wouldn't normally need it.

I'm enjoying every minute of this bike, and am definitely happy I made the purchase. Even commuting in the rain isn't THAT bad with the right gear.

Now that I've got the bike though, I'll start dumping money into the rig to get her ready for NWFest. :)

~Scott

Last edited:
Nice purchase dude! I picked up an '05 R6 Raven two years ago to save on gas prices and ended up riding it well into the winter (and snow... PCM crapped in the Jeep and had to save up for one) - put over 10k miles on it in 5 months.

Since you're in Everett I don't suppose you'd be interested in meeting up sometime and hitting some curves? I'm up on Whidbey Island, you're just a ferry ride or freeway blast away :) Let me know if you'd like some help working on it, I've got some spare generic aftermarket goodies (flush blinkers, etc..) laying around that could get thrown on yours.

Nice purchase dude! I picked up an '05 R6 Raven two years ago to save on gas prices and ended up riding it well into the winter (and snow... PCM crapped in the Jeep and had to save up for one) - put over 10k miles on it in 5 months.

Since you're in Everett I don't suppose you'd be interested in meeting up sometime and hitting some curves? I'm up on Whidbey Island, you're just a ferry ride or freeway blast away :) Let me know if you'd like some help working on it, I've got some spare generic aftermarket goodies (flush blinkers, etc..) laying around that could get thrown on yours.

You could throw a rock from the ferry in Mukilteo, and my house. So yeah, I'm down to meet and ride sometime.

The money I'm saving on gas is nice, that's for sure. There's definitely a "buy in" with motorcycles, but once you get the gear...you're good.

And kndrewa, I'll tell ya...I wasn't expecting to actually buy a bike. It kinda just fell into my lap after blowing the scooter motor up and knowing I'd have to go back to DDing the Jeep if I didn't find a bike. So, I found a bike 3 days after the fact. hah

~Scott

That looks really nice Scott :thumbup:

I think it's begging for a set of dual HIDs. See you at NWFest.

That looks really nice Scott :thumbup:

I think it's begging for a set of dual HIDs. See you at NWFest.

Feel free to provide the HIDs. :p

E-bay, At night I rode with my brights on all the time. Ya, I may be a dick but people notice that incredibly bright light quicker than the standard headlight.

E-bay, At night I rode with my brights on all the time. Ya, I may be a dick but people notice that incredibly bright light quicker than the standard headlight.

I agree. I only run with hi-beams at night too...my lows are ridiculous. I honestly don't understand how they expect people to see the road with the low beams.

I'm holding off on mods till after nwfest though. Gata get the Jeep moving in tip top shape again.

~Scott

31316_393297692329_701097329_4612927_7906030_n.jpg

Picked up the first of many parts for the Jeep today...twas a wet/fun ride. Stainless Magnaflow muffler. :p

~Scott

Heh... done that before, only I had to carry front and rear driveshafts. Very, very, very awkward carrying those suckers in a backpack on an R6 through 45 miles of curves. And that was my lesson on not properly gauging a drop-off and landing on rocks, splitting the case and obliterating both 'shafts.

You should have seen what I brought down with me. I had door guards to drop off at Johns and both stuck out about 6" past the bags on both sides, a good 20 pounds of long/oddly distributed weight too.

I was going to bring it all with my in a backpack, but decided I'd be much more comfortable to find a way to strap them to the bike rather than me. Sounds like you just proved that was a good idea.

~Scott

Back