• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new leaf springs

islandbum

NAXJA Forum User
I just got new leaf springs on my 92 xj ,:) well not new a bastard pack done by my trusted local mech. I started out with a 2in lift shackles in the rear and 2in spacers in the front. Then of course the leaf started to sag and with people in the rear bad bottoming out on the shocks.
Now with the new leafs the jeep is riding high in the back. I would say about 3 to 4 in max.

I guess I have a few questions.
1 Should I give it time and see how much sag I get (Mech suggestion)
2 How much lift would coils from a G.C. v8 and the 2 in spacers I already have give (more or less)
4 What other coils would work.
3 This one is a little strange but how much do coils from a v8 G.C. weight?:rof:

No junk yards here must bring back in suitcase from U.S.:patriot:
Just for the record it rides great and took care of the problems I was having.
I am open to your suggestions.

the v8 coils will get you another inch. so 3 in the front. they might weigh 25 pounds max. it might take awhile for it to sag. my durango bastard pack is just now starting to ride good 3 years after i put it in.

id be leary of stacking spacers but thats just me i guess. ive seen people do it but i wouldnt recommend it. remember spacers without proper frontend geometry put alot of stress on the spring and you will hear it move around. (personal experience)

(Somewhat off topic...but not totally)

I went and looked at a '91 4 door off my local craigslist....it had "a homemade lift" which was FIVE INCH PIPE spacers (with some weird support "ears" welded to the frame/unirails) in front and one of those s-shaped overload springs and GINORMOUS shackles in the rear. One of the shackles was all leaning to the side. No sway bars, front or rear. Body hacked and beat to hell, no doors and no rear hatch.....

Pretty much the definition of a rolling death trap. I didn't buy it.

:roflmao:

Back