• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spilled seawater on passenger floorboard

winkosmosis

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to try a scheme to grow seaweed in a jar, so I collected some with seawater in one of those twist cap Ziplock jars... Well apparently they don't seal well at all so almost all the water dripped out. I'm going to lift up the carpet and mop it up with fresh water, and try to wash the carpet.

Is there anything else I need to worry about? Can liquid get from the floorboard to the framerails below?

The carpet is just damp. A lot of it got caught by my floormat and evaporated. I'm worried about the dry salt that's left behind

Id think the only way that dried salt would pose any sort of problem is if it gets wet again. Rinse with fresh water like you said if you're worried about it. Don't be over concerned, remember that rust only comes around from repetitive 'wetness'

Id think the only way that dried salt would pose any sort of problem is if it gets wet again. Rinse with fresh water like you said if you're worried about it. Don't be over concerned, remember that rust only comes around from repetitive 'wetness'

I'd think humidity can allow rusting too though.

I'm not too concerned about the floorboards, but the framerail underneath

wait you were trying to grow seaweed in your jeep?

Back