• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have the answer to this question?

Believe & Receive

NAXJA Forum User
How easy would it be to take custom bumpers and rock sliders from a 92 and put them on a 98? Both are 4 door xj's plus do the lug patterns match up? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the bumpers will swap over fine, I haven't heard about any issues with this. I'll be putting the bumpers from my dead '91 onto my current '98 at some point, so I guess I'll know for sure then. :D

The wheel lug patterns? They're all 5 on 4 1/2", so yes, they'll swap over.

There are some differences in the hatch area. I had to adjust my tire carrier, when I moved it from a 90 to a 98. Just because there was more bubble in the hatch.

Rock Sliders are the same for any year.......so time for a swap :)

lug patterns the same as stated above, front bumper is the same depending on who made it, I know mine will fit 84-01. Rear bumper is the same, just depends on who made it, but like in my circumstance again it will fit 84-01.....so I guess it should work out for ya.

Last edited:
The front bumper should swap straight over also the sliders. But when I tried my my 99 rear bumper on my 92 it wouldn't fit. The area under the tail lights are a little off. But that was just my bumper others my bolt right on.

Dave

Back