• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle swap ??

78 or 79. both will have the same dana 60 rear and either a HD dana 44 front or if youre lucky, a dana 60 front :greensmok same year f350's gets you 60's front and rear, or a dana 70 rear too.

What is wrong with any years after that? I cant seem to find much.

What is wrong with any years after that? I cant seem to find much.

You have less tube to mount links and such too with the later years its almost mandatory to do coilovers as there is no space for the uppers, lowers, and spring buckets and mounts..

themud

all f250's afterwards, up until the change to superduty's, all had TTB50 up front (n)

later year 60's in the f350's from the 80's to 90's have less tube, but still enough to build off of.

You have less tube to mount links and such too with the later years its almost mandatory to do coilovers as there is no space for the uppers, lowers, and spring buckets and mounts..

themud
BULLSHIT! on the drivers side you have enough room for a lower link mounts and a coil bucket, on the pass side you have plenty of room for a lower and upper link mounts and tb mount

BULLSHIT! on the drivers side you have enough room for a lower link mounts and a coil bucket, on the pass side you have plenty of room for a lower and upper link mounts and tb mount

never seen the passenger on the upper seems like it would be really weak but thats me.. When I built my 44 I trussed it and mounted the upper on the truss along with the coil mount and lower along with the sway bar mounts.. since you didn't mention putting the upper on the drivers side AT ALL Ill just guess you run a passenger side upper great for ya.. On most rigs that either use the 4 link (factory) or a 3 link with a drivers upper there is very little room for all that crap and the coilovers make life a hell of a lot easier.. But what do I know that must be how you did your 60 right??? pics would explain alot to the OP...

themud

never seen the passenger on the upper seems like it would be really weak but thats me.. When I built my 44 I trussed it and mounted the upper on the truss along with the coil mount and lower along with the sway bar mounts.. since you didn't mention putting the upper on the drivers side AT ALL Ill just guess you run a passenger side upper great for ya.. On most rigs that either use the 4 link (factory) or a 3 link with a drivers upper there is very little room for all that crap and the coilovers make life a hell of a lot easier.. But what do I know that must be how you did your 60 right??? pics would explain alot to the OP...

themud
i havent started on my 60 yet but i will be copying a 60 that ipkyss did in his old 98(know owned by5spdxj), both are late 80's D60's, on the drivers side theres just enough room for 2 .25" brackets for the lower ca and a 2.5" joint, for a coil bucket im usin a flat piece of plate with a piece of tube the id of the coil to keep the coil in place, for the pass side the uca mount can go right behind the tb mount, i actually know of a few others
that have done this setup as theres not alot of room for a upper mount on the drivers side running low lft(4-6") ipkyss was also runnin a similar setup on his buggy with 39" reds with no issues

For my cherokee is a 00 with 5.5 RE long arm im not planning on putting a 4 link in or anything special. And will be Trussing w/e i put up front either a d44 or d60. So pertty much i should just stay with lookin for a mid 70's f250 or 150?

Back