• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picked up a new daily driver :)

Been wanting a daily driver for a while now... Jeep's been nickle and diming me to death recently, mostly because if anything breaks, it MUST be fixed so I can get to work, watch, etc... Problem was I wanted something I wasn't embarrassed to drive around in :laugh:
I was considering a little four-banger truck or something along those lines, something to haul some parts and get decent MPG, when I came across a deal I couldn't refuse :)

1984 S10, standard cab, long-bed. Automatic. TH350. SBC 350.
28392_431240006912_642731912_5304483_4541420_n.jpg

28392_431240436912_642731912_5304491_5999120_n.jpg

28392_431241091912_642731912_5304523_208223_n.jpg

28392_431242036912_642731912_5304600_2082569_n.jpg

28392_431242531912_642731912_5304622_3105637_n.jpg

Holley 600, Holley Street Dominator intake manifold, Hurst QuarterStick shifter, true-dual exhaust, . Only real plans are to clean up the wiring (converted from FI to carb) since personally I prefer clean wiring appearance (may tuck the wires or do a fusebox, not sure), a slightly more modern stereo with some decent speakers, mild cam, and some headers. I also want to redo the exhaust since there's no crossover pipe of any sort, plus the driver's side pipe is routed under the tranny x-member, which I don't like. Thinking of running a y-pipe into a single 3" and dumping it under the bed, not sure yet. Need to repad the seats as well, dude I got it from was somewhere over 300lb which is why he was selling it. Got it for $1300 btw :) Loooove craigslist!

Runs pretty well, adjusted the valves and timing yesterday but it's still advancing a little too far when revved up - I'm thinking the centrifugal weights in the dizzy are frozen up. Had it on point briefly, wanted to see if I could get a little bit more out of it, made it worse, and haven't been able to find the sweet spot again, heh. During the ideal setup though, it was an absolute BLAST to drive. Still is, but the look on the dude driving the Camaro that tried to race me was priceless. Ripped his doors off after the rearend finally got some traction.

No plans for paint or any appearance mods other than finding a new stock front grill that isn't cracked. Probably some slightly larger tires, at least in the rear. Going full sleeper with this thing, plus it's my new daily... Don't need or want another project, the Jeep is enough!

So whatcha'll think?

Nah, plan for this one is simple and relatively cheap stuff. The most expensive bit is probably going to be the headers, everything else is decently priced. Already have a spare sub and box lying in the garage, found a new amp that has a direct hook-up for an MP3 player so I can skip the head unit. Still in the air as to whether or not to use the sub or sell it and go with a Walmart 4-channel and amp some 6x9's in boxes and some 5" in the front. Small cab, should kick fairly well. Oh, and Raptor line the bed, can't forget that :)

I'm sure it's going to end up being a never-ending project, but I am determined to keep it reasonable and not get out of hand like the Jeep has, and probably always will be :)

That's a sweet truck, seriously. SBC power in a little rig like that is cool. :)

Still in the air as to whether or not to use the sub or sell it and go with a Walmart 4-channel and amp some 6x9's in boxes and some 5" in the front. Small cab, should kick fairly well.

idk about what kind of sub you have but a pallette full of 6x9's and amps wouldn't move the wind my 12" does =) I'd def start with better component speakers over a sub though.

idk about what kind of sub you have but a pallette full of 6x9's and amps wouldn't move the wind my 12" does =) I'd def start with better component speakers over a sub though.
Yeah I know, but they'd sound better than just normal speakers. My G35 had a good amount of kick to it with the stock setup, no sub.

Compared to the 2000w I'm pounding in the XJ though, I think everything is going to sound a little weak and normal now :laugh3:

Looks like a fun little toy.

If you are through my area, I have a pair of 5x7 Alpines you can have if they will fit your application.

Later
Jason

Appreciate it dude, I'll keep that in mind and look you up. Got some loooong group motorcycle rides planned for this summer provided they don't surprise me with another last-minute deployment substitute like they did last year. Lost my entire summer :(

Back