• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm adjustment question

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I am running a Crusty's 6.5 in. long arm lift. My question is. The directions said that at 6.5 in. the lower arms should be 35.75 and the upper arms should be 15.75. I just added a 1.75 spacer up front so I need to readjust. In my mind I think I need to lengthen the lower arm and shorten the upper arm. Is this correct?

Thanks

Droopy

Yeah,you pretty much answered your own question!Measure and adjust accordingly.

No 7 is fine. No one can really tell you want length to put them at but just throw a degree finder on the inner c till you get to 6 -7 degrees. Personally I would adjust the uppers in as much as you need and if you need to turn the axle more then adjust out the lowers. This way you have the maximum amount for thread engagement.

When your sitting at ride height should there be a slight angle to your bumpstops? What I mean is I have the extended bumpstops in the front and they look like they are almost gonna rub the coil spring toward the front. Do I need to lengthen the lowers a little more or is this normal?

My arms are radius arms. The adjustment up next to the crossmember is for the wheel base right? So is it really necessary to lengthen it with only 1.75 in. of lift? My tierod is contacting my sway bar mount with 7* of castor but if I shorten my lower arm back to the recommended 35.75 and adjust my castor angle from there I think it will solve this. Am I anywhere close?

Thanks

Droopy

Back