• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR rear tire bumper

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
Well after waiting a little over a month my bumper is supposed to show up tomorrow! Looks like I will be painting tomorrow.

I waited 6 weeks for my sliders from JCR, then I finally got them and they were for the wrong long arm kit. So I had to cut and re-weld them myself, wasn't impressed with the way they mounted either. They also came with cheap hardware, broke 2 self taping bolts on install. I wont buy anything from them again. Hope you have a different experience.

Well, thanks to UPS showing up on friday when I wasn't home, I had to wait the weekend for my bumper. Showed up this morning and I am very happy! Built very well like all the JCR stuff I have and I can't wait to get a coat of paint on and install it. I also picked up my M101A military trailer this weekend so I will have to get pics of both.

I have the JCR rear tire bumper and the stage 2 sliders as well as the side armor for the rear panel. I did have to wait a VERY long time for them, but worth it. Installation was easy and they look and work great. I primed mine and then had the bumper and tire carrier sprayed with bed liner. My sliders were just primed and painted with black matte paint (as i will constantly be needing to touch them up) at least i hope so. Good luck..:cheers:

Started
bump6.jpg
painting heres a pic of the bumper and of the new trailer.
trailer.jpg

Yep it sure is. So far I have only towed it behind the wifes 2001 Grand Cherokee with a V8 and its not too bad. I'm going to try it behind the cherokee in the next couple days.

Keep me posted, I got my eye on one in VERY decent shape for not too much $$ :yelclap:

Hey, 3 months later the rain let up long enough and I had enough time off of work to install it. Heres a pic. Really nice having the tire off the roof and the added weight finaly puts the alcans into the weight they were designed for.
rearbmp008.jpg

what size is that spare? a 31?

BUMPER LOOKS GOOD!

If I had to guess, 32...because the 32s I used to have I got from him. hah

Yes that is my "doughnut" mini spare.... 31" when I was running the 32"s and killed one of them Discount had that sitting used cheap (they had to order a new 32"). I've got another 35" lined up but need another rim. Thats only a 15X7" on there now. What tires are you running now Scott?

how well do you think they would hold a 35?

Back