• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Headlight Harness, New Problem?

I made my own harness, based off go-jeep. I tried it out yesterday and the output was night and day, and I have the "before" and "after" voltage readings to prove it. I'm very pleased with this mod, and adding my autopals makes it even better... except one issue...

turn the jeep on, turn the lights on. low beams come on as normal. flick the high beams on, both low beams and high beams are on. not sure if this is how it's meant to be. big problem is when i switch back to low beams, the low beams turn off and the high beams stay on. what gives? flashing the high beams just turns on the low beams, keeping the high beams on. it won't go back to normal unless i completly turn the lights off and then back on.

from what I read it seems to prolly be the relays, even though I thought I got some decent ones. 40amp ones to boot! any suggestions?

No, both beams should not be on at the same time. Assuming you've wired it correctly, do you have factory fogs or the headlight shut off timer? Have you read any of the posts from folks having issues with new harnesses?

I added a switch to make my lows to stay on with my highs. I like lots of light.

Back