• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well HELL.....I guess it gets everyone at some point.

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I don't post much personal **** on here but here goes.

I started a new job April 19th. April 20th my dad suffered a major heart attack. He got a stint and was realeased about 4 days later. He had been on disability for about 5-10 years because they failed him for his CDL due to an enlarged heart.

Flash forward to today at 4:50pm when my mom calls....I miss the call but 5:10pm wife calls crying.....dad was found dead laying on couch when mom and sister got home. Worse part is being broke!!! My wifes accord needs a transmission and bronco gets 9mpg. I can't afford to fly so I am thinking about sending some money to help with cremation costs. He served 4 years in Army (173rd Airborne) and 4 years in Air Force, would the military help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the loss Andy,

If there is anything any of us can do, Let us know.

I think he can be buried in a military cemetary.
My uncle died a few years back and that is what happened.
He was retired from the Marines though...

Sorry to hear about it.....

yes the military will help.. locate the local vfw post and they can get u all the info u need and give him a proper military burial... sorry to here about your loss... its never easy... i've been there... if there isnt a local vfw post look online for the neptune society they handle navy vets but they will know who u need brother

that sucks andy, really sorry to hear this. Let me know if I can help in any way. I can pitch in some to help out you're like family to me.

Thanks Everyone

Thanks Grimm. My dad wants to be cremated (no service). My mom asked me today "think they will let me make payments?" so she is as broke as me. I'm thinking rather than drive back and spend money (not even going to ceremony) I might just send her some cash to help with the cremation. Tony says I need to go "at all costs"....what do you think?

condolences man, post a paypal addy, so the chapter can throw some bones in so you can do BOTH.
these things do happen at the worst of times...
it sounds like tony has been thru this (my parents are both still alive, but i could see NOT going, even if there isnt a funeral proper, could be a mistake)

I can afford to go IF I had a stupid afforable car to drive....the bronco will cost me $600 in gas!!!

With the honda it would have cost me $130 one way but bronco cost me $300+ one way.

condolences man, post a paypal addy, so the chapter can throw some bones in so you can do BOTH.
this sounds like an excellent idea.
sorry to hear about this. lost my dad, one grandma, and one grandpa in the last few years. v/a may help you, they did for us with my dad(was in the army in the 70's).

Dang Andy, sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers.

Contact the VFW for assistance. Any insurance help?

I am sure folks around here will pitch in and help somehow. Let us know how we can help.

One option could be rent a cheap car???

Post paypal andy... the Rojos have something going your way!

Dang Andy, sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers.

Contact the VFW for assistance. Any insurance help?

I am sure folks around here will pitch in and help somehow. Let us know how we can help.

One option could be rent a cheap car???

Thanks Robert, problem is when I drove bronco out for Thanksgiving a couple years ago, it did all the math. Rent a car (30 mpg) plus gas = $600 (without extra insurance). Bronco gas = $600 so I'd rather drive my junk but I dont have $600 either way so not much of an option.

hey Andy, I just logged on to Orbitz, and you can rent a mid size car 145 (including taxes) if you pick up and drop off at LAX........

I'm fighting with myself over my pride and posting paypal address.......fukkkkkkkkk

Hey Andy, YOU have helped SOOOOOO Many freakin people here, donating your time, expertise, and more importantly your driveway over and over and over again. I am sure there are folks here that are very appreciative, and might want to help you out for all that you have done to help them out.... POST IT!

Back