• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gopher Watch 2010

Blazair

NAXJA Forum User
Pool -2
Cat -1

Just got a new scope on my .22 Ruger. The ground squirrels and gophers never knew what hit em. Good Times!

but why? they are so darn cute!

Cute!!! Those little bastards destroy EVERYTHING. They rip up our grass, plants, flowers, and even like to chew the heads off my drip system. They are a pain and they deserve to die. And I enjoy doing it. I get a sick chuckle when I see the back of their heads fly off. I know, I'm sick, but I just can't help myself. Poison is just so anti climactic. Artilery is where all the fun is. :explosion

Last edited:
The gophers are already tearing up our lawn. Can't get rid of them, tired all kinds of things. and guns are a no no. I could just see the po po coming to arrest me.

That's why I love living up in the mountains. All my redneck gun carrying neighbors don't give a rip if I'm out shootin my .22. If I pull out my 12 guage or .357 then I may run into some issues, and the varmin would probably just liquify with a 357.

That's why I love living up in the mountains. All my redneck gun carrying neighbors don't give a rip if I'm out shootin my .22. If I pull out my 12 guage or .357 then I may run into some issues, and the varmin would probably just liquify with a 357.

now i just want you to do it for **** and giggles. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember hunting with my dad as a kid. He hit a ground squirrel with a 22-250 and all we found was part of the tail. It basically exploded him... :D

i feel you. If I pulled out a gun, the lady that hauls ass around my neighbor hood calling the fuxoring popo on people would be having my arse. She really annoys me. Everytime im out doing something to or on the jeep. Broke again? F you old lady FFFFF UUUUu

whens the best time to see them out so you can shoot them? I never see them active.

I have a ruger with a scope and some CB short rounds that sound like a pellet gun.

KH

whens the best time to see them out so you can shoot them? I never see them active.

I have a ruger with a scope and some CB short rounds that sound like a pellet gun.

KH

I am also using short rounds and my .22 ruger is substantially quieter then my .22 pellet gun. It is also lighter and more accurate. Perfect weapon for good ol gopher and squirrel hunting. The squirells seem to be out late morning through late afternoon. 9:00-4:00. I only see the gophers in the early morning. It's almost sad that I actually know the behaviors of the squirrels and gopher around my property. Oh God, I think I'm turning into my grandfather. I need to get a better hobbie.

I am also using short rounds and my .22 ruger is substantially quieter then my .22 pellet gun. It is also lighter and more accurate. Perfect weapon for good ol gopher and squirrel hunting. The squirells seem to be out late morning through late afternoon. 9:00-4:00. I only see the gophers in the early morning. It's almost sad that I actually know the behaviors of the squirrels and gopher around my property. Oh God, I think I'm turning into my grandfather. I need to get a better hobbie.

RC XJ maybe? :p

he would end up using the rc xj to chase down the gophers, so that wont work!

Now your thinking!! The wheels in my head just started turning. I had an RC car with my .22 mounted on it flash in my head for a moment. Only good things can come from RC cars with guns.

Back