• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse to pull to Clear CEL

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
My 2001 get heat soak now and than, that lights up the CEL = Check Engine Light. I'm going to add in the electric fan timer and hood spacers soon.

But for now which fuse to pull to clear the CEL. Disconnecting the battery is getting old and takes more time that pulling out the right fuse.

If you want to avoid manually pulling the cabes every time you could install a quick battery disconnect switch. It will take longer to discharge the capaciter that stores the fault code but it might be easier if left overnight. Another option, although not necessarily recommended is to pull the cluster and pop out the CEL bulb while you're waiting to install the delay fan......if it bothers you that much.

Why don't you just get a cheap code reader for like $50 at the autoparts store. Then you can actually see what codes your getting and also able to clear them from the comfort of the drivers seat.

I got the impression he knew what the code was....misfire due to heat soak. The OP says he'll install the delay fan soon. He's looking for other "temporary" alternatives....Unless I read it wrong.

You could always try the little fabric wrap that Chrysler came up with for injector #3, although I've heard they don't work and are a waste of $10.

Install a quick battery disconnect switch.
Thinking of that but have not fond one at the parts stores

longer to discharge the capaciter that stores the fault code
Takes 5 seconds to get light off, Don't care about codes in memory

Pull the cluster and pop out the CEL bulb
No,.. What if a REAL problem starts up, I would not know

Come on there must be a fuse to the computer holding the CEL on !?

I got the impression he knew what the code was....misfire due to heat soak. The OP says he'll install the delay fan soon. He's looking for other "temporary" alternatives....Unless I read it wrong.

You could always try the little fabric wrap that Chrysler came up with for injector #3, although I've heard they don't work and are a waste of $10.

Yes I have read the code many times. I all ready have the fabric wrap And the heat shield

temporary alternatives yes so when a REAL problem starts up, I would know it CEL is some times a good thing but only if it means someting

Misfire in # 3 is the only code I'v seen for the last 3 years

Last edited:
Why don't you just get a cheap code reader for like $50 at the autoparts store. Then you can actually see what codes your getting and also able to clear them from the comfort of the drivers seat.[/QUOTE:dunno:

What, you want it done right?
I guess I'm just silly like that, I know that mine has definitely paid for itself a thousand times over, in peace of mind alone. I like immediately knowing exactly what's wrong with the jeep without needing to take it anywhere. And it's great to just have the jeep be able to tell you what's wrong with it without guessing. It would probably be cheaper and easier to install then the battery disconnect switch too.

A Cheap code reader for $50. I'm not a fan of going cheap.
This is what I'm planning to get later. http://www.scangauge.com/
But spending $170 to read one code dos not does not justify the cost

The only CEL i get is from Misfire in # 3 I'v seen for the last 3 years

Last edited:
A Cheap code reader for $50. I'm not a fan of going cheap.
This is what I'm planning to get later. http://www.scangauge.com/

But only CEL i get is from Misfire in # 3 I'v seen for the last 3 years
So spending $170 to read one code dos not does not justify the cost

The early Scangauge tools had an error in their construction/software--they report that the system in in closed-loop mode about 60 seconds after a cold engine start--an impossibility. You should contact them and see if the error has been corrected before blowing $160, or you can live with the error.

The early Scangauge tools had an error in their construction/software--they report that the system in in closed-loop mode about 60 seconds after a cold engine start--an impossibility. You should contact them and see if the error has been corrected before blowing $160, or you can live with the error.

Happy you told me:yelclap: I'll look into it soon

So after spending some time pulling off the temperature sensor and many fueses out/in and back and forth. I fond the fuses to reset the check engine light.

cel-fuse.jpg

Interesting- owner's manual just says "Fuel Pump" for that fuse.

Borrowed a ScanGauge while I was trying to setup a fan override- very handy little device. Plan on buying one myself, whenever I get caught up on maintenance/repairs (ha!).

Interesting- owner's manual just says "Fuel Pump" for that fuse.

Yes it dose,... Now I know what I'm looking for it makes more sense.

Follow me on this. In the power distribution box we start with fuse #F22 and it feeds to circuit #A61 and that splits into fuel pump AND to IN-Line Connectors #C107 and that gose into the Powertrain control module And I'm thinking this is part of the CEL. See Links below
http://www.iidesign.info/Or_tech/cel-fuse0.jpg
http://www.iidesign.info/Or_tech/cel-fuse2.jpg
http://www.iidesign.info/Or_tech/cel-fuse1.jpg

I'll test this again later today

Back