• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan wiring

Tcarsten

NAXJA Forum User
Could this work for wiring an Electric fan
AutoZone.com | | Electric Fan Thermostat | ELEC FAN CONTROL SCRW IN

The tauras fan preferable

The guy i talked to says he sells them all the time to people running them on hotrods, jeeps.
user_online.gif

whoa that expensive! i went to advance and picked up a thermo switch for 26 bucks. The only thing i dont like about it is that it kicks on both my taurus fan and aux fan at the same time but whatever it works.

Alittle insight on my set up.

I'm running 2 switches in cab. 1 is on-off-on (taurus high and low manual control) and a on-off switch to kill power to my thermo switch (for water crossings)

The thermo switch is really easy to wire up and i have the ignition wire tied into my fuse panel inside (the switch is in line to kill it) and it just hooked up to the fans (with a 30 amp fuse that comes with the thermo switch).

The on-off-on switch control 2 relays for the high and low (so i can manually control them if i'm overheating and turn the heap's engine off). 30 amp relay for low with fuse, i blew my ford starter relay for high but i am going to run a 30 amp relay with a 30 amp circuit breaker and see if that works.

The rest is just making it make sense to you and doing it properly so not to fail on you.

ps. all my 12v power is coming from my fuse box in the engine bay on the front side of it, really clean looking

edit: This was my first time wiring anything up and it was pretty easy, i had to go back over it all to get rid of extra wire and clean it all up. Hardest part was feeding the relay switch wires thru the firewall lol

Last edited:
whoa that expensive! i went to advance and picked up a thermo switch for 26 bucks. The only thing i dont like about it is that it kicks on both my taurus fan and aux fan at the same time but whatever it works.

Alittle insight on my set up.

I'm running 2 switches in cab. 1 is on-off-on (taurus high and low manual control) and a on-off switch to kill power to my thermo switch (for water crossings)

The thermo switch is really easy to wire up and i have the ignition wire tied into my fuse panel inside (the switch is in line to kill it) and it just hooked up to the fans (with a 30 amp fuse that comes with the thermo switch).

The on-off-on switch control 2 relays for the high and low (so i can manually control them if i'm overheating and turn the heap's engine off). 30 amp relay for low with fuse, i blew my ford starter relay for high but i am going to run a 30 amp relay with a 30 amp circuit breaker and see if that works.

The rest is just making it make sense to you and doing it properly so not to fail on you.

ps. all my 12v power is coming from my fuse box in the engine bay on the front side of it, really clean looking

edit: This was my first time wiring anything up and it was pretty easy, i had to go back over it all to get rid of extra wire and clean it all up. Hardest part was feeding the relay switch wires thru the firewall lol

The guy told me it was 35 maybe thats not the sameone(not sure)

Back