• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker install

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my factory 6.5's in the soundbar with Pioneer 180w. They sound great and I needed to share:gag: . A really sad reason to post but WTF huh?:rolleyes:

I moved my infinity speakers to my soundbar (upgraded the door speakers). It made my day (about two weeks ago). Didn't decide to post about it till today though :D.

yeah replacing the factory speakers make a big diff... i have a panasonic head unit and all 4 sound great... i will add a 4 channel amp later but it does the job no prob

Last year I replaced my stock head unit, am/fm/cass with a jensen am/fm/cd bluetooth head unit, at the same time I replaced my stock speakers with a nice set of pioneers, the change was very nice.

I just put a pioneer Head unit in my 85 with some Sony speakers. I put some cheapo jensens up front (the stock size) and the sony's are 6x9's in the gate. Sounds great!!!! But it was a bitch to get it wired took me and a proinstaller 6 hours to get it all together.
Does anyone know if there is a write up on a sound bar install?

1985xjlaredo said:

ya shouldn't really need a soundbar write up, rather straight forward.
if your keeping your rears in the hatch just run extensions from the wiring harness. The harness has to enter the hatch at the roof line, splice into it there for both sides and run that to the new speakers in the sound bar.
for the soundbar itself, unscrew the metal molding along the roof (left and right) and slide the soundbar into place, if you want too you could also probably run wires for the dome light if they are there.

1985xjlaredo said:

I don't know of a write-up but installing a sound bar is fairly easy.

Take off the trim starting from the lower back of the Jeep. Loosen trim where the sound bar will hook in.

Remove dome light assembly. Hook both ends of sound bar to the trim.

Go to this page and look at image "_MG_0697" that's my soundbar before the dome light was installed.

http://homepage.mac.com/johnvito/PhotoAlbum37.html

The sound bar is prewired with connector so...run the sound bar wiring to back driver's side corner and down to area behind spare tire to hook up speaker connectors to bypass back lift speakers. It's plug and play!

Regarding the dome light...in the shipping box is a longer stud that replaces the shorter one in the dome light. That holds the center of the sound bar.

I installed a sound bar a couple years ago in my '89 and it improved the sound quality immensely! One of the best upgrades!

I have 2 stock speakers that work well, one rattles, and one does nothing. Time to upgrade!

Have been looking at a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP deck and some Kicker DS525 speakers for the hatch. I have a nice set of JBL GTO series 5.25s for the doors sitting on the shelf. The pioneer deck has built in sub controls I will use to run an old Polk 12" sub in the rear.

Just not looking forward to the PITA of getting it all installed!

I replaced my stock speakers with some Alpines. 5.25" in the front doors and 6.5" in the stock soundbar. sound great with my Pioneer head unit.

i put an alpine cda-9851 head unit, replaced the stock 5.25 from the sound bar with memphis reference's and re did the front doors with memphis 5x7's and put them on a DHD750x4@4ohm amp. nice crisp highs with a nice soundin bit of bass from the 5x7's. plenty highs, plenty bass for the trails. not to mention the 3 polk momo 10's on a 1000x1@1ohm. but i sold the subs to pay child suport. sold the rears and put stock speaks from an 05 rubicon, and sold the alpine and put my girls sony in and sold the amp. but still sounds awesome compared to stock! yeah that was a bunch of non important jiberish but i felt like blabbin! that is all, carry on kids!

Back