• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Discconect axle

tuff_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
hey my 90 XJ has the vacum lines to the front axle and they rotted off at the frame so i cut it back a bit further and stuck it back on but i dont feel any air pushing or sucking on them at all i cant get it into 4x4 is there any way i can just lock it into 4x4 with like an air compressor any help is highly appreciated!!!

i dont wanna spend any money on it im just wondering how the whole vacum system works does it suck the air from the axle to pull a pin out to lock it in 4x4 or does it push air in to lock it in 4x4??

tuff_jeep said:
i dont wanna spend any money on it im just wondering how the whole vacum system works does it suck the air from the axle to pull a pin out to lock it in 4x4 or does it push air in to lock it in 4x4??

Heres a swrite up on how to turn your front axle into a cable connect/disconnect. I followed this write up and used a different handle, but it works great, easy to do and no more vacuum problems. and its less than $20
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~stevenschreiber/cabledis.htm

Back