• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help please someone look at this aftermarket sensor i got

the one on the right looks to me like an IAT sensor which is not the coolant temp. incoming air temperature sensor goes on the intake. the coolant temp sensor on the block goes right above the driver side engine mount. might be wrong someone else will chime in.

i JUST SEARCHED and the sensor that i took off the jeep is the coolant fan switch-radiator well thats how autozone put it
so i guess advanced just gave me the wrong sensor so the one i got goes where?

:eyes:I hope it's not important cause I've been all over my engine and haven't seen that before

s6n2ux.jpg

the one on the left goes above the driver side motor mount on the side of the block and the one on the right goes into the intake behind the throttle body towards the back. if you are having problems with you aux fan then the one on the radiator is different altogether

this one goes into the radiator: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=44754

Last edited:
90 Waggy has it right.

What *exactly* is wrong?

Cause i know i need to change just about every sensor on the jeep being that i brought it off someone and its not in the best shape
one of my main problems lately is every time i start the jeep it idles high and some times it wont go down by putting it into gear some times just to get it to go down i unplug the TPS and then it goes down i replug it and drive away i think something is sticking somewhere the high idle is consistent with pressing the gas

Cause i know i need to change just about every sensor on the jeep being that i brought it off someone and its not in the best shape
one of my main problems lately is every time i start the jeep it idles high and some times it wont go down by putting it into gear some times just to get it to go down i unplug the TPS and then it goes down i replug it and drive away i think something is sticking somewhere the high idle is consistent with pressing the gas

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=905849&highlight=Renx+files
Start reading, yours is not unique. Try searching instead of buying parts.

Back