• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolt on valve stems

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
so im thinking about using bolt on valve stems from gorilla products. anyone have any experience with that style. im slightly concerned about leaking or coming loose. i just had my custom wheels done and wanted a cleaner look than the big rubbery one. ha

Are you looking at the one with the removable stem? If so I ran them for awhile, one issue was the stem doses not have threads on the end. I was unable to use clamp on gauges or inflators. I threaded the stem and they worked out well. I also put an O-ring on the stem so that it would make a good seal.
The look clean will not get caught on rock and break off.

I run the plain jane rubber ones on my cragars, never had a problem. My father originally ran nice chrome bolt on valve stems on his cragars, never had a problem with them loosening up or the caps seizing to the stem. However even when properly torqued as per the instructions, I noticed the rubber seal on the outside lip of the wheel was distorting. I backed them off a bit and after a year the seals just rotted away and it started leaking air. His is a dd, no wheeling or anything. I switched em back to rubber for him and he hasn't had a problem since. The finish also looked pretty crappy after a few months too.

Back