• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 power lock issues

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched but haven't found what I am looking for.
I have a 1998 that had intermittent power lock issues. Driving down the road they would trigger with nothing near the switches.
I unplugged the passenger's switch and the random triggering stopped, though I had no power locks.
I assumed this isolated the problem to the passenger's switch.
I replaced the passenger's switch.
I still don't have power locks. I hit the switches a bunch and got a rapid-fire series of triggers, like I used to get while driving around town, but mostly I get nothing at all.
No noise, nothing - from either switch.
I checked the #28 & #15 fuses in the kick panel.
Any other ideas? Should I just throw money at it, buy another driver's switch block and hope for the best?

After two years or so of living without, fixed my power locks
Ehall, you are a genius. It was a broken blue & red striped wire. Spliced in a section to repair it, plugged the actuators back in, put the doors back together & the Jeep just got a whole lot nicer.
Thanks.

After two years or so of living without, fixed my power locks
Ehall, you are a genius. It was a broken blue & red striped wire. Spliced in a section to repair it, plugged the actuators back in, put the doors back together & the Jeep just got a whole lot nicer.
Thanks.

You keep that up and he will be impossible to live with! :D

Back