• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

p0121 and P0740

awdpsi

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. I am new to the whole jeep scene so hello.

I have owned my XJ for about 8 months and it has been fine. Today out of no where I get a check engine light. I scan it and it flags p0121 and p0740

So I know that the p0121 is for the odd difference in throttle seen and map voltage or something like that and the p0740 is Torque Converter Clutch, No RPM Drop at Lockup.

Now if I put the car in park or reverse the rpms do get very low. The Jeep has always made a bit of clunk when i put it in drive or reverse so I never really thought too much of it since i figured it was a jeep...lol

I have done some searching and reading and I suppose I will have to do some testing on the TC solenoid...however I just found it odd both these codes flag at the same time.

Someone in another post mentioned it might be the adjustment of the TV linkage. Is this the throttle linkage?

Any help to point me in the right direction is 1000% appreciated. I am just looking for some diagnostic tree for this problem so I know where to start. Hoping it does not mean dropping the trans for a new torque converter because i just dont have a few hours right now...lol

thank again for your thoughts.

Scott

I did adjust the throttle cable however it ended up in almost exactly the same spot as after the adjustment.

I cleared the code and the jeep seems to drive and run fine in local driving. My guess is it would only throw a code if I was cruising in overdrive.

Back