• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New lights on my roof rack

john_yarbrough

NAXJA Forum User
So I just had a birthday and my inlaws came through and got me the lights I asked for. I spent a few hours getting them mounted up yesterday and here they are. They are HELLA 500's and work great. I mounted three illuminated switches each with their own relay and the top switch powers the front center lights which are spots. The middle switch powers the two front outters and the third switch powers the two rear. I am going to wait for it to get dark and align them and then Ill post up a few more pics. Thanks to a few of you who posted up a while back showing me your setups and how you wired them up. I threw in a few pics with the covers on, covers off, the wiring under the hood, and the hole I drilled in the roof to run the wiring.
DSC00223.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

those hella 500's are a pretty tough light, a prius hit my buddy in his xj, front end collision... one of his hella 500's went flying, it slid naked all the way accross an intersection, without the black back cover... and survived! ive still got it as a spare.
nice wiring, very clean!

Just wondering about the switches that you mounted, they aren't too bright at night right there in your face? I have the same switch but haven't mounted it anywhere perminate yet cause that green light is wicked bright... But I like that spot let me know how it works out.

Just wondering about the switches that you mounted, they aren't too bright at night right there in your face? I have the same switch but haven't mounted it anywhere perminate yet cause that green light is wicked bright... But I like that spot let me know how it works out.

So far, so good. I don't mind the light and if it does get too bright I can just pull the power wire to the light. I like the placement as well. They are out of the way, but easily accessible when I need them.

Nice Job!! Your wiring is way cleaner than mine.

Looks good!
Those little round switches fit perfect in the hole for the cigarette lighter too. ;)
I only have one set of those lights and thats where I put my switch since my lighter dont have power to it.

Back