• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Opinions

NVRwheels

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into trading my 98 ZJ for a 94 XJ, this will be the second XJ I have ever owned.

Specs are as follows: 167K 4.0/aw4/231 8.25 27 spline 5.5 inches of lift
3.5" Front Rubicon Express coils with a 1" 3/4 spacer
Bds Adjustable lowers
Bds adjustable track bar
Rusty's Shocks
Full Hybird Rear Leaf packs with shackle
On 35 inch A/Ts

I need advice on what I should do first.
My plans are as follows:
First line of business is get an 8.8 with open carrier and 4.10s, I know the 27 spline won't hold up to 35s and I will obviously be gearing the front to 4.10s also. When building the 8.8 I will throw an lunchbox locker in their or maybe a detriot
Next realistically this is my DD so I'm gonna step down in tire size and get a new set of 33s probably M/Ts or super swamper ssrs. Might lower it down a tad just because Ive always been a fan of LCOG builds.
After that armor starting with sliders and a t-case skid.

I will be wheeling uwharrie and some other local spots with dirt, mud ect.

What do yall think of that? any advice or opinions?

thanks,
Jake

Gear to 4.88 or to 4.56's if you are dropping to 33's. That is ideal for 35's I would think 35's on 4.10s would be worse than stock gears and 31's.

Gear to 4.88 or to 4.56's if you are dropping to 33's. That is ideal for 35's I would think 35's on 4.10s would be worse than stock gears and 31's.

I hear ya, I was just thinking of regearing the front to 4.10s or finding another hp30 from a 4cyl cherokee just so I would save a little cash not having to gear the 8.8. How would 33s and 4.10s be? I had 33s and 3.07s in my TJ and it was terrible.

When I regear both axles I will do 4.88s but this will not be for a while when I step up to 35s. I am in college and don't have the funds to support doing 35s correctly (steering,brakes,gearing ect.)

I hear ya, I was just thinking of regearing the front to 4.10s or finding another hp30 from a 4cyl cherokee just so I would save a little cash not having to gear the 8.8. How would 33s and 4.10s be? I had 33s and 3.07s in my TJ and it was terrible.

When I regear both axles I will do 4.88s but this will not be for a while when I step up to 35s. I am in college and don't have the funds to support doing 35s correctly (steering,brakes,gearing ect.)

4.56 is minimum for 33's 4.88's are tits!! 4.88's are minimum for 35's!

Back