• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 CEL

fiveltretr

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know hoe to wire a 96 o2 sensor with a resistor and cap so that it will not throw cel it is on an off road use only and the cel bothers me, I have tried spacing it away from the pipe to no avail.

.... so put your cat back on. and a flame suit because you might need it.

yea, putting the cat back on would be a better Idea than trying to jack rig the sensor back together. It is not hurting anything back there.

No cat = MOAR POWHUR

I've seen a few plug in "cheat sensors" on ebay and such, but honestly just throw the cat back on with a new sensor. Costs around $100 and you'll be doing the entire world a favor.

have a exhaust shop weld a bung into the straight pipe where the cat was and tap it to accept an O2 sensor. mine has worked well for 6 years and no CEL. dont remember what cost was though

downstream, cat is removed which is why it is throwing it.

:doh: Here we go again guys. How much power did you gain by taking that Cat off? .1 HP? I agree with the others put your cat back on it and an O2 sensor.

have a exhaust shop weld a bung into the straight pipe where the cat was and tap it to accept an O2 sensor. mine has worked well for 6 years and no CEL. dont remember what cost was though

Pretty sure most reputable shops won't do that unless its a race vehicle. Even then many guys still use a cat because the HP gain myth isn't true.

x2, ask shelbyluvv how much faster his old Shelby Daytona drag car was when he took off the cat...

Back