• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME add a leafs on stock springs?

XJCanuck

NAXJA Forum User
Will the OME add-a-leafs (OME-D22XL) work on stock springs? I realize this may be a dumb question. However, the wording from OME is:

Extra leaf can be fitted to any Old Man Emu XJ Cherokee leaf spring for heavier constant load carrying ability and/or an increase in ride height. Average height increase is 1".

I don't see how an add-a-leaf can be specific to work on a brand of leaf springs. I would just add another main leaf from a doner XJ pack, but I can't justify the $75 per leaf pack the local junkyard wants.

Thanks for your help.

Will the OME add-a-leafs (OME-D22XL) work on stock springs? I realize this may be a dumb question. However, the wording from OME is:

Extra leaf can be fitted to any Old Man Emu XJ Cherokee leaf spring for heavier constant load carrying ability and/or an increase in ride height. Average height increase is 1".

I don't see how an add-a-leaf can be specific to work on a brand of leaf springs. I would just add another main leaf from a doner XJ pack, but I can't justify the $75 per leaf pack the local junkyard wants.

Thanks for your help.
You can use AAL for any leaf pack. But the OME AAL's are designed to work with OME leaf packs, and work better with their leaf packs than any other AAL for anything else. Meaning, that unlike most other AAL's they do not promote sag and any other negative attributes that most other AAl's do.
Do not know how much lift you are looking for, but I would recommend the OME 2" med-duty or HD leaf packs + their AAL if you want more. And possibly a MJ shackle

Back