• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone on here a welder?

spikeypuck

NAXJA Forum User
I have spent most of this weekend building my winch bumper. Since its all ready to bolt on the Jeep I figured I better test my welds. I had to use 3/8" steel for my brackets and it seems it was just too much for my welder. So I am grinding off the broken welds.
I am really hoping to have this on for this saturdays noobfest. So if anyone has a welder and a little free time to give a hand I will be able to kick a little $$ and be very appreciative.
I live in Beaverton, Work in Monmouth so can stop pretty much anywhere on my way home from work.

Thanx
Spike

i have a miller 200 with flux core. but im a bit of a ways away

Lol but thanks. about 15 years ago I stayed in Maple Valley for a few months. Is that close to where you are? Or are you way north? I can't remember where all the towns up there are anymore. Since I got married only been to Seattle once. I used to go up there about every other week or so.

im right where 405 and i5 meet up north of seattle.

I have spent most of this weekend building my winch bumper. Since its all ready to bolt on the Jeep I figured I better test my welds. I had to use 3/8" steel for my brackets and it seems it was just too much for my welder. So I am grinding off the broken welds.
I am really hoping to have this on for this saturdays noobfest. So if anyone has a welder and a little free time to give a hand I will be able to kick a little $$ and be very appreciative.
I live in Beaverton, Work in Monmouth so can stop pretty much anywhere on my way home from work.

Thanx
Spike

I live in boring but might be a little out of your way.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you for the offers. When I got up this morning I had a pm and jumped on it. So as long as I do not have to work late again tomorrow I will have a hand with the welding. If something goes awry I will be sure to give one of you a shout.

Once again thank you, and if anyone ever needs a hand don't hesitate to ask.

I as always extend my invitation to weld anything for someone, just as long as its not a whole cage or something crazy like that :shocked:

Joey I need my chassis and cage kit welded up for my 37 this will test your welding skills,
550newchassis.jpg

I think that falls under the category of "something crazy like that" :spin1: haha

I as always extend my invitation to weld anything for someone, just as long as its not a whole cage or something crazy like that :shocked:

where at in washington are you? Im in need of some fixing of some shotty welds done on my jetta. had a high flow cat put on and im never going to that exhaust shop again.

Im just north of Vancouver, and the funny thing is I just got done welding some brackets for a granite counter top........support brackets.

Back