• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear carrier...no tire

Heres the one from AJ's,but why all that but NO tire carrier,doesn't seem to make sense.Wheres your spare now?
tnkgc3.jpg

I saw some on AJ's site. http://ajsoffroadarmor.com
It seem he is a hard person to get ahold of.

Yes. After a month + of trying to get ahold of him I posted here to ask. Seems he's had some personal bad luck type issues, so I cut some slack. Finally got ahold of him, real nice guy, said he'd get back to me. That was maybe over a month ago. Unable to contact him, wont return messeges.

Shame really, I like his stuff and would have been in the market for a custom bumper later this year. Just cant take that kind of risk now.

Without a tire? Never seen one. Why not run the tire out back and have more room in the cargo area? you can't even fold your rear seat up with a 33 laying in there.

Shogun, I'm sure he'll be back up and running in no time.

Last edited:
Without a tire? Never seen one. Why not run the tire out back and have more room in the cargo area? you can't even fold your rear seat up with a 33 laying in there.

i dont know if you can see but i dont have a rear seat. plenty of storage room, just want somthing for the extras.

i dont know if you can see but i dont have a rear seat. plenty of storage room, just want somthing for the extras.

Nice rack in the storage area, does it double as a camp BBQ? Just kidding, looks good.

Unfortunately, its no longer a matter of when he will be in business again. I can certainly understand having to deal with lifes roadblocks. He indicated to me that he was getting things running again, over a month ago. Not calling back when you say you will, concerned. Not returning multiple phone messeges, uh no.

Not trying to be a hardass here, if he says he needs some time to sort things out and can I contact him a month down the road, OK. If that fits within my needs and time schedule, no problem. But at least return the call and say you cant handle the business for a while.

Now I am backed into a corner needing a spare tire entering prime camping/offroad season. I cant take the children out without basic safety equipment onboard. I started working the issue six months ago and its time to commit. Wish I could do business with him, but I cannot continue to sit in the dark. Am I gonna settle for what may be an inferior product? Probably. At this point, any product is better than a non-existant, better product.

you can't even fold your rear seat up with a 33 laying in there.

Sure you can! I did it in both mine before i got a carrier. just a tight fit that's all.

And im sure most people make their own. There's not too many companies besides AJs making them. You could always start with something like Ajs and add to it?

Back