• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs sagging

ariff390

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
My 01 Cherokee is in need of some new leaf springs. I noticed some sagging and the leafs look almost straight. I found some places on line that I can buy stock OEM type springs for about 100 bucks each, and 50 for shipping. I have read a lot about bastard packs, but it seems to be used for guys wanting to lift their truck on a budjet. I am not really looking to lift the truck right now. It is a family car and the better half is not to hip on driving a lifted truck as well as dropping a bunch of cash on all the other stuff that goes along with lifting. So any other ideas out there for me to fix the leaf springs on a budget? Some sort of bastard pack. I want to stay away from lifting blocks and add a leafs. I am not afraid to get dirty or go to the junk yard. I actually enjoy all that stuff. Well thanks for any ideas.

grab some MJ shackles?

there isnt much you can do with sagging leafs... either AAL, bastard pack, bigger shackles, or even helper springs. mayby try to locate some MJ shackles.

if you do a lot of towing look into helper springs if nothing else to keep you where your at. if its your DD or not you have a lot of options. experiment with different leaf combos or buy an OEM replacement. the choice is yours.

you can get a small lift that won't change the drive much and if you back is bad your front will go soon and if you need shocks you will save money by getting a lift.

Back