• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would like to fix my a/c...

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
My '93 4.0 had the whole front end smashed in when i bought it 2 years ago. when i rebuilt it i removed the a/c condenser(cause it was smashed) and the PO said the a/c blew but not cold. the aluminum(?) pipes coming out of the back of the compressor are all bent up. so the a/c system is all fuxed up. i have done a lot of wrenching in my life but i have no clue when it comes to a/c.

where do i even begin to figure out how to fix this a/c system? i live in florida and the summers here can get down right unbearable here. i intended this being my trail rig but ive been driving it more and more and its become my dailly driver. right off the bat i know ill have to replace the condensor and the lines from the back of the compressor. then what?

thanks guys. NAXJA rules!

Are any of the lines broken, i.e., has the system been exposed/open to the atmosphere for a long time? If so, you may have to strip it all out and start pretty much from scratch.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Damaged parts need to be replaced. You should get a new dryer as well. The system needs to be flushed, evacuated, then charged.

If you had R-12 originally, you should consider converting to R-134a. Way too many threads on this to repeat here.

Are any of the lines broken, i.e., has the system been exposed/open to the atmosphere for a long time? If so, you may have to strip it all out and start pretty much from scratch.

I'm about to do a lock stock and barrel A/C system replacement myself. If the system is still intact, what's the procedure - evacuate/vacuum first, remove/replace [PAG-oiled] parts, then charge?

i guess i can just go to the junkyard and pull a whole system out. what years are interchangeable with my '93?

Back