• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do I do........

i have one too! i feel your pain! left it on a 2am trickle for 4 days and nothing!

most chargers have a protection circuit that keeps them from charging batteries with an internal short. optimas (and most sealed AGM batteries) won't charge on a charger like this unless it is designed to work with AGM batteries. the charging section on optima's website will tell you how to fix it. I've fixed 3 batteries (to the dismay of my boss...) that customers have brought in as dead, using the method described on the website that says to use two batteries. user "optima jim" on here has posted the procedure multiple times, he works for optima. you can search for his posts as well for more info.

You look on the tag and see if it was made in Mexico, if so discard that pos battery and buy a new one not made their, or switch to Oddesy. I had a optmia just die on a trail wouldent take any charge at all. Not worth it to run a halfass battery. Having it die on a trail really sucks!

go turn it in on a core on a autozone gold... I went thru 3 costco optima's in about 2 yrs, then went down and got a autozone gold and it has yet to not pull thru in 3 years...

Back