• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temporary fix to JCR 1 ton steering???

RoyalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I blew out the Delrin spacer they use with their one ton steering. anyone know if theres anything i can buy at a store to fix the problem until the spacers i ordered come in?

Most people that have issues use that white teflon cutting board material cut into circle. Since I got mine dialed in I haven't had the need for the spacer deal. It's been working like stock, no issues.

How does yours feel RoyalXJ? I have been trying to get some responsiveness out of this steering set up for a while. I even installed a new Durango box and it did nothing. My wheel still has like a 1/2 turn of play in it before it does anything.

I did notice my spacers are a bit mushroomed and cause a little bit of tie rod roll. My next steep is installing cutting board like robsjeepxj mentioned.

I would recommend using a spacer on the lower drag link. That's the only one I use. As for the TRE's I just reamed the knuckles so they had about a 1/4 to 1/2" of space no more, too much is unnecessary and will only contribute to the problem. You should only be able to comfortably fit the grease boot like any other TRE. I posted this in another thread but wheel alignment (caster at 5-7 degrees and toe at zero to 1/8 in) is very important to this setup working well. Another thing is I've found that the inverted-T is much more sensitive to loose or worn suspension parts than the inverted-Y. I needed to replace or tighten all my control arm bushings/flex joints (especially the factory uppers) and police them regularly to keep it behaving properly. I think when I put on a steering box brace that helped some too.

Last edited:
How does yours feel RoyalXJ? I have been trying to get some responsiveness out of this steering set up for a while. I even installed a new Durango box and it did nothing. My wheel still has like a 1/2 turn of play in it before it does anything.

I did notice my spacers are a bit mushroomed and cause a little bit of tie rod roll. My next steep is installing cutting board like robsjeepxj mentioned.

steering was perfect until the bushing wallowed out on me. im gonna try the cutting board thing today. the polyethylene is a lot more dense compared to the polyurethane that jcr uses so it would work better.

Back