• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders Wanted

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
It is about that time for those of you who know some of these trails to sign up and help lead a group. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. I really need at least 1 person to take on the responsibility for each of the trails rides on our schedule.

NW Fest 2010
June 25-27th
Naches, Washington

Friday, June 25th

Easy Run (if needed) Leave at 11:00AM (3Hrs up to Rock, 2Hrs back down)
1702, 1720, Bald Mt, C.J.R.s Hideout, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Milk Lake, 1708

Moderate Run, Leave at 11:00AM (12 rig max) (4 Hrs up to Rocks, 2 Hrs back down)
1708, Lower Woodpecker, Upper Woodpecker, Summit to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Milk Lake, 1708

Epic Run. Leave at 8:00AM (8 rigs max, 33’s and 1 TAD, Experience!!) 10 Hrs? Michael and Hans (don't need a trail leader)
Kaner Flats, Shoestring, Tripod Flats, Buck Meadows, Quartz Mt., Wells Meadow, Manastash Ridge, String (Rocks), Tipover, Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker.

Raven’s Roost Night Run (Leave1hr before Sunset)
Main road is not an issue for stock vehicles

Saturday, June 26th

Easy Run (Leave at 9:00AM)
1708, Milk Lake, Summit to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, 670 down to 1720.
Hard/Moderate 1 (Leave at 9:00AM, will be back by 3:00PM) (12 rig max) John will trail lead.
1708, Upper Woodpecker, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks (several hours of play), Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker, 1708

Moderate Run 2 (Leave at 9:30AM) (12 rig max)
1706, 1600 (Little Bald Mt), Mud Springs (696), Saw Mill Flats (1600) ??

Hard Run 2 (Leave at 8:30AM) (10 rig max) (4Hrs up to Rocks, 2 Hrs back down)
Kaner Flats, Manastash Ridge, String, Tipover, Tripod Flats, Summit, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker, 1708.

Sunday, June 27th

Easy Run
Main Road up to Raven’s Roost and return.

Hard Run
Saw Mill Flats (1600), Lower Clover Springs (697), Upper Clover Springs (1605 4w696)

Moderate Run 2 (Leave at 9:30AM) (12 rig max)
1706, 1600 (Little Bald Mt), Mud Springs (696), Saw Mill Flats (1600) ??

Did Karl lead this run last year on the South side of 410?

I'm still looking over the runs, but will likely be up for leading one. I'm not an expert with the area, but it will be good practice for the near future. ;)

Did Karl lead this run last year on the South side of 410?

I'm still looking over the runs, but will likely be up for leading one. I'm not an expert with the area, but it will be good practice for the near future. ;)

I *think* Hans lead this run last year?

I have not gone back and compared with last years posts to verify.
Michael

I *think* Hans lead this run last year?

I was "trailleader" but followed Ken the whole time because he knew where he was going.

You can put me down for a Saturday and Sunday Run.

Epic Run. Leave at 8:00AM (8 rigs max, 33’s and 1 TAD, Experience!!) 10 Hrs? Michael and Hans (don't need a trail leader)
Kaner Flats, Shoestring, Tripod Flats, Buck Meadows, Quartz Mt., Wells Meadow, Manastash Ridge, String (Rocks), Tipover, Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker.

I guess if I have to ask this probably isn't the group for me but what's a TAD?

I guess if I have to ask this probably isn't the group for me but what's a TAD?

Your Jeep may meet the requirments but I would prefer to see vehicles that have been used in their current form (for the most part) for at least 6 months and preferably a year.

You can run most of these trails on some of the other runs though.

Michael

not sure where it fits in the run schedule (don't know the names of the roads / trails) but i have alot on the GPS and i can lead a group from the gravil road to that one trail that leads to the rocks... i think :looney:

Rod and Alex,

How about you take a look at the trail run descriptions.
Review a map, on line or other, compare to your GPS, and pick a trail run that suites your fancy.:kissyou:

If you are not capable of doing that, you probably shouldn't be leading the trail run ;)

If you need help with the test above, I would be more than willing to accept your PMed questions, and only charge you with "you can't sort this out on your own?" :laugh:

Michael

For those planning on following me to the Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks on Saturday, there will be several hours to play on the rocks and spectate others. Bring a lunch, and your lawn chars, and even maybe a pop-up canopy if the sun is a concern for you. There is plenty of good spectating to be had when people are playing on the rocks.

Rod and Alex,

How about you take a look at the trail run descriptions.
Review a map, on line or other, compare to your GPS, and pick a trail run that suites your fancy.:kissyou:

If you are not capable of doing that, you probably shouldn't be leading the trail run ;)

If you need help with the test above, I would be more than willing to accept your PMed questions, and only charge you with "you can't sort this out on your own?" :laugh:

Michael

Does this mean i need to buy a map ?

icon12.gif

Your Jeep may meet the requirments but I would prefer to see vehicles that have been used in their current form (for the most part) for at least 6 months and preferably a year.

You can run most of these trails on some of the other runs though.

Michael

That's fine, I've never been there so I'll run where ever you guys think I should.

Does this mean i need to buy a map ?

icon12.gif

No. It just means you should probably understand WHERE the trail is that you would be running (preferably run it before ;) ) and probably at least down load one from the internet or borrow one from someone else so you have SOMETHING to reference while on the trail :jester:

Michael

No one else offering to be a trail leader?

Come on guys!!

Michael

you know you can count on me.

Back