• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 kids, 3 seats, hmmmmmmmm?

lindsay007s

NAXJA Forum User
We already have the answer, :idea: mounting 2 go-cart style seats in the back w/ harnesses. My real question is... will this be allowed for us to take all the kids with us on organized outings? Example: Camp Jeep, you registered your vehicle and were allowed to bring as many people as you had seatbelts, but there was no allowance for mods like this. New to the whole club/association thing so we don't know how strict the requirements usually are. Safety is always a concern w/ kids but our niche isn't rock crawling, what we tackle is going to be moderate @ best and alot of beaches. Any feedback would be great

This company makes aftermarket seats you can add to a vehicle. They have information on meeting DOT standards. If adding a seat meets all legal(and sane) requirements, I don't see how Camp Jeep or anyone else could reject you from a run based on that.

http://www.littleseats.com/index.html

Just get a single seat from a roller coaster or carnival ride and weld it to some 2" square tube, Mount it in the receiver hitch. Problem solved.

just ratchet strap the rug rats to the bumpers, roof rack, tires, whatever...

that'd be fine, except... I am the wife & the Jeeps are MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, then leave the Old Man in camp. No offense was meant. Was just going off of personal experience. My wife likes to go wheeling, but hates rocks and really rough trails. For kids and grandkids on the other hand, the rougher the better. So if we want to do a trail or obstacle she won't like, she either does the spotting, or stays in camp.

Nice backpedaling 93gc40! :)

Sorry, then leave the Old Man in camp. No offense was meant. Was just going off of personal experience. My wife likes to go wheeling, but hates rocks and really rough trails. For kids and grandkids on the other hand, the rougher the better. So if we want to do a trail or obstacle she won't like, she either does the spotting, or stays in camp.
None taken, I know what you meant. Our kids are the same way and don't want to be left out of anything, especially if it has the potential to be fun or destructive. I was thinking tho, a wrangler rear set just might fit and I'd only have to worry about mounting 1 seat instead of 2 buckets. Hmmmmmmmm... Still got some tweakin to do I guess

Back